It begins

The life and times of Julie Vazquez...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Family Photo


Here is Bertito, Kairi and I at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival during the sunset last week. I am thinking about going again, because it was so much fun. I just have to see if any of the Disney crew would like to go again.
So if you can't tell, I recently dyed my hair. It has blonde highlights. There is this guy at work who yesterday said to me, "So what are we going to do about your hair?" And I look at him like what are you talking about. And he continues, "You aren't going to keep it like that are you? The top is a different color than the bottom." First of all, people who know me know that my biggest pet peeve is when people point out things to you about your physical appearance as if you don't have a mirror. (ex: "Wow! That's a really big zit on your forehead!" or the ever popular "You have really gained a lot of weight!") Why do people constantly need to put other people down in these ways? Is it just to make conversation? Or they don't have anything to say but want to talk to you anyways? Or could they really be that stupid? Or most likely, they are just being bitchy. But could it really be that people really don't think I have a mirror in my house and I depend of their constant comments to let me know what I look like? Perhaps their lives are so miserable that they need to make horrible comments to make other people feel as bad as they do.
One of my first days back to work, there is this older Brazilian man who is NOT gay who said to me, "Welcome back! You need to start losing weight. Get back down to your pre-pregnancy weight and start looking good again." I was so completely shocked and offended that I just stood there for a while. Was there any reason for his comment at all? What straight man in their right mind would tell a woman who just had a baby that? And second of all, I'm NOT fat. I have a flat stomach, which most people who have just had a baby can not say that. The only thing that makes me look big is my boobs! And that has always been. I personally think I should report him for sexual harassment! The point of this post today is to let people know the classic you always heard from your mom is the best advice, "If you don't have something good to say, then don't say it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home